RE: Modeling E-Fields of Tesla Coil - Building a model

Original poster: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

At 08:16 AM 6/4/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com
>Hi Dan,
>
>Maxwell is buggy and falls often. I moved to Bela which COULD be freely
>dowloaded from:
>
>http://users.rcn-dot-com/dmeeker/
>
>Now it looks like only FEMM is available. I didn't try that, I don't
>know if it's only a superset of Bela. Anyway if you want to try Bela
>then let me know and I'll email you its install package (1.2 MB).
>
>Best Regards

Buggy? how? What parts don't work right? Is the the underlying FEM codes,
or the interfaces, or what?   Since ANSOFT products aren't cheap, and we
were thinking about using it here, this is of great interest.