SSTC dead times

Original poster: herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de

Fellow coilers,

Driving a half bridge TC system with POWERMOSFETs I would like to
make the necessary dead times as short as possible. As the data
sheets specify "typ." or "max." values usually, I am intending to add
adjustable dead times for turn ON and turn OFF separately. However I
am not sure about the best way to find out the shortest values.

One way would be reducing the times until the FETs become warm ( =
begin of shoot through). Assuming this to be a dangerous test, I
would like to ask the experts for better/more reliable/safer...
methodes.

Cheers,

Herwig

Greed is the root of all evil!