RE: this was probably really stupid- power line voltages

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >I'm curious where you're getting these voltages

11, 33, 66, 132, 275, and 400kV are the standard voltages in the UK and
probably Aus, NZ and India too.

In the UK the 132, 275, and 400kV lines are all marked with the voltage,
every pylon has a big plate saying "Danger 275,000 Volts" etc. The smaller
ones aren't marked but you can tell by the insulators- 11kV lines use one
disc insulator, 33kV use three, and 66kV use six.

The US uses a different set of standard voltages and I think Europe is
different again.

Steve C.
Power line spotting geek 8-)