Re: All who know VTTC stuff ;-).

Hi Kreso,

I finally got your stuff sent today.  But not the latest ICs...  Still not
sure which ones you need ?;-)  I have not ordered much DigiKey stuff
lately, but let me know and I can pick up ICs you need.  More below....

At 12:28 PM 7/14/2004, you wrote:
>Hy i would have 7 questions.
>
>1. How to determine is the VTTC in perfect tune or is it not?

I think "just get the longest arcs" is "perfect" in our case...

>2. If the secondary is wound slopili and has many knick does this
>influence the spark length?

If the nicks do not arc over it is just the same as having perfect insulation.

>3. If i will rewind the secondary with same number of turns but without
>knicks and overlaps, will i have ot retune it?

Yes,  Overlaps are really bad!!  The suddenly turn the fields upside down.

>4. I just noticed the tube has a small airbuble in glass ( i could post a
>picture). It works perfectly, but should i be worried?

No, not at all.

>5. If the filament transformer is rated fro much higher current than the
>tube needs can it do any harm ( my tube needs 5 V 14.1 A i have 5 V 30 A).

It may run a bit higher voltage with a light load.  Probably no problem at
all.  Just us thin wire and the voltage at the tube will drop to
normal.  Best to check the filament voltage directly and add a little
resistance if needed.  (Whah!!  "Terry" makes a toob comment ;-))

>6. Will stacatto improve sparklength? On my SSTC it improwes it by ~200 %.

Yes!!

>7. Will an improper diode decrease performance? I curently have 6 diode
>bridges in series ( greatzes).

If the diode mess "works" it works....

Cheers,

         Terry