Re: Capacitance of the human body..

For the FAA average weight human male, 170 lbs, its 165 pF.  Roughly .97
pF/lb with a human.  Slightly different value for aliens.

You can also do an interesting experiment with a TC, to calculate or measure
the capacitance exactly.

Feed your coil with a sig generator, 2 turns around the very lowest part of
the sec, and observe the res freq with an o-scope.  Record this freq.  Next,
stand your victim (I mean partner) on a plastic or glass insulated stand
elevated at least 48 inches from the floor, have them touch the sec toroid,
and record this freq.

Subtract the two frequencies.  Knowing the inductance of your sec coil,
substituting this value into the freq equation you can solve for C --- the
value of capacitance of your test object/subject.

This is also a great way to measure the cap of balls, spheres, toroids, etc
of unknown capacitance.

Dr. Resonance