Am I courting disaster?

Original poster: Dave Leddon <dave-at-leddon-dot-com>

I recently re-cased a 10 KVA pig in acrylic to reduce the size and weight
of the thing.  See picture:
http://nick_tesla.home-dot-comcast-dot-net/TheVisiblePig.jpg
The finished size  ended up 11 x 11 x 14 inches with the volume of oil
dropping from 16 gallons to 2 and the weight from 300 to 170 lbs.  In the
process I reduced the external connections to the bare minimum, 240 volts
in and 14400 volts out and floated everything with respect to ground.  This
means that the coil tank circuit also floats which has a certain
appeal.  The performance of the coil is the same as it was when one side
the supply voltage was tied to the RF ground although the primary tuning
does seem to be a bit sharper.  My only concern about this configuration is
what happens to the energy following a strike to the primary? It would
appear that the only path to ground would be back through the transformer
to utility power.  Do I need to install a lightning arrester between one
side of the tank circuit to the RF ground?