RE: Component Salvage - the TV Set

Original poster: "Andy Cleary" <cleara-at-twcny.rr-dot-com>

Hello Matthew, Robert, All,

	Although the glass pressurized picture tube of TVs and Monitors
is of course a safety concern, I think the big reason that monitors (in
the US, at least) must be recycled is because these tubes contain lead
and other chemicals which pose a major environmental hazard.  If these
units are disposed of in the trash then the chemicals could potentially
taint the water supply, etc.

I only know this because my college just implemented a monitor recycling
program...

(Sorry for going OT!)

-Andy C.

Andy Cleary - KC2GVE