Re: Grounding the Secondary Coil Help please

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 1/19/04 10:07:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>     Hi, this is Ravi again, and i am almost done with my first TC, 7.5kV
>30mA, 3inX22in sec. I wanted to know some different ways to ground the
>secondary because i couldnt find a grounding strap. Could i drill a hole at
>the bottom of secondary and attatch  the wire with a nut and bolt? Please
>give me some ideas, i couldnt think of any other good ways.
>
>Thanks for the help
>
>Ravi

Ravi,

That is what I do.  The bottom winding on my secondaries have a terminal
soldered to them.  The secondary form has a plastic flange glued onto the
bottom.  Three bolts go through holes in this flange into the plywood base
that supports the coil.  Two of the bolts are nylon.  One is brass and goes
through the terminal first then connects to the RF ground wire under the
coil base.  The six inch diameter coil uses 1/4" bolts.  The three inch
diameter coil uses #10 bolts.

Ed Sonderman
Spokane, WA