Re: Residual charge left on caps

Original poster: tesla <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Team
In my classical training as an electronics tech in the Broadcasting Industry
the charge on big power caps was always an issue and it was explained to me
that residual charge build up has one major cause.

At first discharge the residual voltage between the plates is reduced to
zero  BUT the dielectric still has strain buried in it, as that stain moves
out it generates charges on the plates,

Where these come from ie where does the negative plate get its extra
electrons from I'm not sure but the idea of the dielectric storing energy
seems appealing

Rgds
Ted L in NZ