From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 4:04 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Magnifier Primary Capacitors - EQUIDRIVE vs. STANDARD

Hi D.C.,

It will be interesting to here what they say!  Unlike MMCs, these caps
will
be damaged if residual or unbalanced charges happen to cause a breakdown
in
a cell.  My guess is, the oil is so very slightly conductive.

Of course, this would not be the 20th time I have been proven wrong ;-))

Cheers,

          Terry

At 02:19 PM 1/13/2004, you wrote:

 >Terry has encountered this phenomonea with MMC caps which is quite
unusual
 >because Maxwell and PCI caps both use a series of small caps connected
in
 >series inside the box --- I know Beau Meskin, when I visited the PCI
factory
 >in Chicago, showed me the interior of a 0.1 uF 30 kV cap and it has 22
 >separate small caps all series connected.  This construction would
simulate
 >the series connected MMC technique that we are all presently using, so
why
 >would there be any difference?  Unless, as Dave Sharpe noted, there are
some
 >different effects going on with the equi-drive system.
 >
 >I plan on calling my friends Bob Cooper and Randy Hartsock who are the
 >senior design engineers at Maxwell and pose this question to them.
Perhaps