Re: 5MV, 312kW

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Finn,

Good idea using Inca!
With the topload on the system above the groundplane, Ctop would drop it to
around 215pF and pull the system to 37 kHz. The primary would then need 1.5
turns at the same cap size. The primary would need a little more work.

Here's about what it would look like
(complete with 6 foot stick-man for comparison),
http://www.classictesla-dot-com/temp/5mv.gif

One other item would be the "small" 312.5KW at 50kV. Vp would be down
around 39% putting Vtop at 2.8MV at 100 bps. Leaving the system as is, we
could drop the breaks down around 41 bps or leave at 100 and up the power
to say 750KW!

Take care,
Bart