Re: Fwd: [jlnlabs] TESLA COIL REVISED

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

John,

I believe the Cp/Cs and Ls/Lp ratios are identical.

In a "tuned" classic tesla coil, the design parameter is that Cp*Lp=Cs*Ls

If you play with that equation, you'll find the gain equations using Cp/Cs
and Ls/Lp are identical as Cp and Cs will
vary with Lp and Ls to maintain the tuned design parameter Cp*Lp=Cs*Ls.

Dan