Re: SRSG Alignment

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 1/2/04 11:16:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>However, as a rough guide, is there a correlation between AC peaks and
>stator position ?

Ian,

This will depend on your particular tank capacitor value and NST
characteristics.  This is what makes it tricky to predict.  There are
delays taking place as the capacitor charges.  These need to be
taken into account.

>So, because I am running at 50Hz, my motor should spin at 1500rpm.  4
>electrodes lined up with the flats will give me 100bps.  Then I can
>fine-tune by rotating the motor in the cradle and later, when I can afford
>the extra variac, build the JF phase adjuster - which is not really 100%
>necessary, but will allow fine adjustment on-the-fly.  This sound reasonable
>?

Yes.  Ignore my comments in my other email about the 1800 rpm
which apply to a 60 Hz system.

John