Re: SRSG Alignment

Original poster: "Richard Modistach" <hambone-at-dodo-dot-com.au>

hi ian,

<<<Any hints from anyone (Claude ?) on doing a good job of this before I
start ?>>>
definatly yes,
regularly squirt the grinding wheel with a little crc 5.56\wd-40\rp7 or
similar
to stop the aluninium from clogging the wheel, remember to be sparing or
you'll
have a huge fan of the stuff come off the wheel on startup.
a little bit often is better than a lot not so often.
don't dig the grinder in hard trying to do it quickly, lightly rest the
grinder
on the job and guide it only and let it find it's own way through the metal
applying only light pressure.
wear good full protection wraparound safety glasses.
the above is for grinding pure aluminium, the embedded steel will help
to keep the wheel clean also
good luck
btw, DON'T use a 9"angle grinder, 4-5" is heaps.

regards
richard
aus.