2 inch coil

Original poster: tullera-at-optusnet-dot-com.au

Hi all,

i have just finished building my first coil, and powered it up last night
to be greeted
with an amazing display of streamers. i managed to get 10 inch strikes to
ground
(with an accupuncture needle as a breakout point), and 8 inch streamers. i'm
running a 2 inch secondary 10.5 inch wining length, 860 turns total, on a
12/30 nst.

  i have a 9.5nf bucket cap, and a 7.3 turn primary, which i currently have
tapped at
7 turns. i just sort of guestimated the tap point, based on wintesla
output. i have a
2 by 5.5 inch torroid, made out of a slinky, lots of tape and alfoil. it
has a bunch of
rought edges, and currenty i have breakout on at least 15 places on the
torroid.

my spark gap is 3 copper tubes in series (with two pc fans blowing across it),
however i dont know if they are mounded correctly as the spark occurs in the
same place on the tube all the time, and not along the whole lenght of the
tube, is
this normal?

i am just looking for suggestions to increase the output, (apart from
precisley
tuning it, and adding a better or possibly bigger? torroid) any suggestions or
comments would be greatly appriciated.

Ruben