Re: Anybody selling maxwell+++

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
 >
 > In a message dated 2/26/04 5:42:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
 > tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
 >
 > >I have a NEW capacitor brand new from the factory.  I bought it about 3
 > >years ago and never used it.  The value is .25mfd = 30KV.  I am planning to
 > >list it on ebay but you can make an offer it you want.  I can't
remember how
 > >much it cost 3 years ago and I don't know how much they cost now.  Does
 > >anyone know what these caps cost new???
 > >
 > >Gary Weaver
 >
 > Gary,
 >
 > Who is the manufacturer?  Is it one of the Condenser Products caps from the
 > group purhcase?  I have two of them purchased individually a couple of
 > years prior to that.  I believe they cost about $225.00 at the time.
 >
 > Ed Sonderman

	The ones I bought in the group purchase were only 0.025 ufd, but your
price is what I remember.  I'm still wondering if it is worth trying to
use them after reading all of the horror stories which were published
here.  They've been sitting on their side in the attic since I bought
them and who knows where the bubbles are now?

	One reason I didn't put them into service immediately is the length,
which I found inconveniently large.  The "Maxwell type" capacitors with
leads closer together are much more convenient.

Ed