Re: MMC or Maxwell? Which is better?

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Kreso,

I don't want to appear to be a salesman or anything like that, this is just
something to think about.  But here's the deal: a 19x4 array of MMCs is the
resonant size capacitor for a 10kV/100mA transformer (.0316uF).  It has a
rating of 38kV, and will survive 75kV overvoltages without flinching.  he
current rating is high - 1600A peak, 35A RMS.  That's only 76 capacitors,
US$228.  I will personally garantee this capacitor will not fail due being
under-designed.  If it does fail in a manner that is not attributed to bad
construction, I will personally buy back the entire MMC from you, including
all shipping costs.  You have that in writing in front of 1000 plus witnesses.

Cheers!

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:25:51 -0700, Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:

>Original poster: Kreso Bukvic <kreso.bukvic-at-kc.htnet.hr>

<Snip>