Commercial Pulse Caps vs MMC's

Original poster: kd4lyh-at-bellsouth-dot-net

To the List Members,

This is just my opinion for what its worth. I think MMC,s are fine for
small coils. When you start dealing with power levels of 5KVA and up a
Commercial Pulse Cap designed for a Tesla tank circuit is the way to go. I
have 300 of the 942c .33ufd caps that I purchased from Richardson Electronics.
When I have the time I,d like to build a large MMC to see how they hold up
at 5-10KVA. I,d like to here from some of you guys running MMC,s  at the
power levels I mentioned. I still feel a Commerical Pulse Cap is the way to go.

Regards Jeff