18 inch secondary...impressive

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Peter,

This is totally off the subject of this
thread...but...when I first saw the picture of your
18" secondary first light I thought it looked like
Electrum for some reason.  Something about the angle
the discharge was taking from the breakout point and
the duration of the time exposure.  For some reason I
didn't notice your caption and the link to Electrum.
I also did not make the spherical topload connection
the first time I saw it.

Anyway, congrats on that large secondary experiment.
I've been planning on doing that for several years
now, and just keep spending the money on other things.
  I now have a brand new 12" dia Quicktube former which
I'll be drying out and coating with either shellac or
polyurethane pretty soon.  Please keep us updated when
you really start pushing power through that former.
It's screaming for you to go ahead and push 15KVA into
it.

-Brett  KI4DBK/AG
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/brett

 > Original poster: "Peter Terren"
 > <pterren1-at-iinet-dot-net.au>
 >
 > I wouldn't be too critical of Mylar caps as I know
 > of one set that have
 > lasted 20 years
<SNIP>