RE: Huge x-ray transformer for sale on ebay

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner" <ggreen-at-gwtc-dot-net>

Hello Richard

Maybe 50Hz is used to supply a 60kHz high frequency inverter.
Then your high tension transformer is rated for 60kHz. Not
long ago, I was offered the sale of a 150kv, high frequency
x-ray machine (minus x-ray tube). The small size of the
transformer was unusual. The current was substantial, but I
can't remember the amount. I figured that as soon as I drew
an arc from the transformer, the inverter would smoke. With
no knowledge of how to limit the current on such an outfit,
I rejected the sale. Maybe someone else knows how to limit
the current and preserve the inverter on such an outfit.

Godfrey Loudner