Corona Ring

Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>

What is the general rule for the size of a corona ring and its placement?
Will a small minor diameter work well if there is a larger toroid as the
main top load over it?
Or does the corona ring need to have a large minor diameter?
How far over the sides of the secondary should the corona ring hang?

Etc.  etc.

Did a quick search through the archives and didn't find much.

By the way anyone have any input on my idea for max primary inductance value
The post was titled "breakout"  I forgot to fill in the subject line so
guess breakout is it.
It is the explanation why I wanted the specs from those that had systems
that could not break out of a large toroid, got two want more.
But any comments on the idea?

Luke Galyan
Bluu-at-cox-dot-net