Re: High voltage standing waves with a magnetron?

Original poster: "Robert Jones" <alwynj48-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi,

First as others have said be very careful. I suggest you buy a MO leak
detector and use it.
 >From memory of working on 10GHz stuff the max exposure was 10mW/cm.cm of
skin. Tissues with poor blood supply like eye balls don't need much power to
cook.
If you don't know what your doing don't do it. If you must experiment keep
several yards away from your powered experiments or do them inside an old
MO.

The magnetron acts like a  3,000v(approx) zener diode so to control the
output power you need control the current. Hence the current limited MOT.
It has a minimum start up current which may still be a lot of watts out.

You could test out the limits of some Tesla coil design programs by building
a 2.5 GHz miniature Tesla coil with say a 1/4in high secondary and a ball
bearing top load.
I assume this would be an MPTC a magnetron powered Tesla coil or a RETC
radiation excited Tesla Coil.

Bob