Re: Requesting help with construction of coil

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Christopher,

Sounds like too much coupling.  Raise the secondary up to where you get no
racing sparks and run thru your tap points again.  Also put a breakout point
on the toroid while tunning.  The 19x4" toroid seems a bit on the large side
for a 3" coil.  Currently it appears you are "force driving" the coil and
not operating at true resonance, that's why the tap point makes no
differance.

David E Weiss