Re: Coil Trouble

Original poster: Bob81818@xxxxxxx

If I were to go about lowering the secondary to increase coupling, I'd have to make my primary opening bigger to make sure of no arc overs. Right? 0.375" above primary for a k of 0.153 would leave just 0.375" give or take a little. Somehow I doubt that's sufficient space between coils. I built my primary for my 3.5" coil but sense it fit closely enough to my new coil diameter I used it. Otherwise I wouldn't have left myself so little space. The caps were about 47nF. As for the 4 stack, do they have to have a center tap ground to work properly? Am I on the right track on all the figuring or am I missing something? Please let me know, Thanks for the help so far.
Dan E.