Re: Terry filter alternates? Huhhhhhh?

Original poster: "john cooper" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Regarding the Terry Filter, does anyone else need 10m Ohm resistors? That's the last component I need for this project. They're fairly cheap but I'd still rather buy few hundred or 1000 of them. The part number in question is 10mcr-1/2w-b5%, that's a 10 mega-ohm, 1/2 watt, 5% tolerence resistor. These are for my 15kV, 60mA Franceformers. If another value is recommended I'd sure like to hear about it. And I do have extra caps if anyone is interested.

For what it's worth, a Terry Filter alternative would be to use a pole-pig (don't have to worry about frying your little neon xfr that way).

Cheers,

John F. Cooper
Irvine, CA
www.Tesla-Coil.com & .org