DRSSTC Primary Circuit Feedback Control

Hi All,

I was looking at DRSSTC stuff today and I became worried that using the secondary base current for feedback control may place unneeded stress and the IGBTs... So I am thinking of using the primary LC loop current instead to get "`exact" zero current crossing switching with very good timing.

I wrote up an explanation of the idea here:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/drsstc/DRSSTC-PriFeed.pdf

With zero current crossing switching, the stress and dissipation on the IGBTs should be far less and using cheap TO-247 style IGBTs (IRG4PF50WD - $8) should be very practical.

Cheers,

	Terry