To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: Fun with Argon

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
I build and operate HUGE ozone generating facilities.
The three we most recently built three use Ozonia
generators:
http://www.ozonia.com/
These generate ozone using the "safe" method you
describe. We use pure Liquid Oxygen (LOX), so no NOx
is ever generated. When a leak develops in the
facility, depending on its severity, it can cause
severe respiratory irritation immediately. I've
breathed it and started wheezing within a matter of
seconds. And remember the reason we use it; for
disinfection. We use it because it is a far more
deadly disinfectant than chlorine gas. You mention
that you destroy rubber bands and kill mold, but fail
to acknowledge the possibility that ozone is harmful.
We disagree. However, you have an open invitation, if
you're even in the Atlanta, Georgia area, to come huff
10% pure ozone, manufactured from medical grade LOX in
a manner that you claim to be safe.
I suspect your "Ozone" air purifier is actually an air
ionizer. As to drinking ozone saturated water, I'd
like to know how you actually measured this. We also
saturate water with ozone, and use quite expensive
measuring equipment to monitor this. Without such
equipment, how can you claim to have reached
saturation? How do you measure the concentration and
purity of your ozone? Again, we use expensive
equipment. How do you get your low pressure ozone
dissolved into the water? We use stainless steel
venturi tubes to inject it into the water. After you
have done all this, you would have to drink it
incredibly fast, as the ozone is attacking all
contaminates in the water, and has an incredibly short
halflife.
And lets not forget groundlevel ozone, which is
generated by the sun's UV, not by sparks. I don't care
to argue with you, as you have made up your mind. I
just don't want you to cause some newbie to downplay
the potential dangers with playing with ozone.
Adam

<mailto:Franklin.Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Franklin.Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx