Re: Terry filter alternates?

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ed,

They were running on a resonant sized primary system that could hit 7X the
voltage. (at least in sig gen tests)  A one minute run would get those
resistors hot enough to burn you.  Quite often I would get firing that would
jump around the outside of the rotory disk with a loud bang.  The full power
firing point was 1/2" below alignment for 1" total gap.  Finally, on a humid
night, it broke down the 10" of phenolic that seperated the filters outputs.
I don't think in actual operation I ever hit 7X as that should have blown
the 100KV Fair Radio caps, but I would guess it was in the 50KV area by the
way it would jump the rotory.  So those filters were working overtime just
to try to keep things safe.

David E Weiss