Re: The 1500t secondary myth (long)

"The new theory that I have been working on (with a lot of input from
Terry,
Malcolm Watts, and others) suggests that the sweet spot is not any
particular number of turns, or even any particular inductance. Rather,
it's
when the resonator has a characteristic impedance (Zo) of around 36,000
ohms. Zo is a function of both secondary inductance and secondary/toroid
capacitance:"

	It sure sounds reasonable to me that there should be an optimum value
of Zo.  I haven't been following things enough to see where the 36k came
from but assume it goes with a more or less constant streamer impedence
(????) and some desired value of loaded Q.

	It's fortunate for TC nuts that there is a such a wide latitude in
parameters which will yield satisfying results!

Ed