Re: Flat-Copper-Strip Flat-Spiral-Primary Inductance Calc's?

Original poster: "Finn Hammer" <f-h-at-c.dk>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner-at-datacomm.ch>
>Hi,
>
>anybody has handy a good method or formula for inductance calculation
>of  flat-strip flat-spiral primaries? I made one for my little UBTT
>(Uni-Bern Tesla Twin), which primary can be seen here:
>snip

I used Antonio`s INCA program to calculate the 2-turn primary of my OLTC.
It was the only program that got close to so small an inductance. I`m not
sure if this has to do with it being a flat strip primary, but it`s worth a
try.

>The inductance measurements were done at 1000Hz, with a digital LCR-meter
>of the "automatic bridge type" (ESCORT ELC131D, Taiwan).

I would not rely on that meter, with so small inductance, before having
verifyed the measurement with a capacitor across the coil, and then ring it
up with a sig. gen. waching it with a scope.

My 5 oere