RE: Exact design for lossless SSTCs

Original poster: "jimmy hynes" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hey,

 > Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>
 >
 >  >The objective is to apply an alternating voltage to the input,
 >  >and after a determined number of cycles have all the energy that
 >  >entered the system in Cb, without voltage in Ca or currents in
 >  >La or Lb.
 >
 > Thanks for your post Antonio, this is very interesting. The "sinusoidal
 > input" case sounds almost identical to what Jimmy Hynes was doing
 > (semi-empirically) with his original DRSSTC.

Yeah, that's what I was doing. I eventually decided to skip that approach.
Once sparks started
flying, it was very difficult to keep a good notch. Getting bigger sparks
wasn't easy either.
Getting bigger bangs meant more cycles and a lower k, so tuning and
streamer loading was even more
important.

At one point, my current transformer broke, so I started tuning for largest
sparks instead (too
lazy to fix it :p). That method ended up giving bigger sparks, so I decided
to abandon the old
idea. The streamer load does keep the primary current down, so there isn't
too much energy just
going into the primary and back to the lytics.

=====
Jimmy