RE: SSTC battle continues!

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >HAHAHAHA!!!  If i know as much as i *think* i do, this
 >this is all a bunch of...

I certainly hope that Pete Bitar is just another "Death Ray Matthews". It
would be a shame to see technology that we developed for fun getting turned
into weapons.

 >From a technical point of view, we can imagine that such a weapon would be
hard to use without giving the firer every bit as much of a "non-lethal
jolt" as the victim. It might work if the firer wore a conductive suit or
had grounded studs on his boots, but somehow it all seems a bit Hmmmmmm.

Here's what Google turned up:

"Pete Bitar, president of Xtreme Alternative Defense Systems, looks over a
demonstration unit of a directed-energy weapon." The picture shows a SSTC
streamer to air about 12" long. Certainly not 10'.
http://www-cgi.cnn-dot-com/2004/TECH/science/08/02/directedenergyweapons.ap/

More info on the "StunStrike" system
http://www.insideindianabusiness-dot-com/newsitem.asp?id=10773

A Museum Of Hoaxes entry