Re: How to make a "good" copper tubing clamp

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 05:10 PM 04/08/04 -0600, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "McCauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>
 >
 >Just curious if anyone had a good way to make a wire clamp that would
 >fit over refrigeration copper tubing (primary coil) of about 1/2" to
 >3/4" in diameter.
 >
 >I've tried a variety of different ways, but am having trouble getting
 >a clamp that puts positive clamping force on the copper tubing.
 >
 >Any help appreciated.
 >Thanks
 >
 >Dan

Hi Dan, Coilers,

Try forming a copper strip about 1/2" wide or so around a drill
bit which is just slightly smaller than your tubing.  When you
tighten it up with a brass bolt thru the tabs, it should grab
nicely onto your tubing...it's always worked for me.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle