Re: Safety training..

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

On 2 Aug 2004, at 8:05, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation"
 > <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>
 >
 > This is an incredibly stupid demonstration in my opinion.  Leyden Jars
 > are very dangerous devices (capacitors). Only the most irresponsible
 > of demonstrators would do this experiment.

Bear in mind that the capacitance and energy is low. By the same
reasoning, electric fences shouldn't be exposed either. Is there a
single recorded instance of someone coming to harm from receiving a
shock from a Leyden jar in a classroom situation?

Malcolm