RE: Flyback Driver PCBs

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >Photographs are dubious.  The only true test is if his
 >work can be replicated.  And since we have few
 >details...no schematic......

We can figure out pretty much everything from Kreso's post. He said he was
driving it off a PC SMPS. And we know he lives in a 220V country. So we can
say he was using a half-bridge inverter running off a 340V DC bus at
30-50kHz.

If I were feeling cynical, I would have said there's no way on earth it
would work. The plasma globe flyback is designed to take 12V input at 30kHz,
so with 180V at the same frequency I would expect it to saturate and blow
the transistors in the driver :-6

But I'm not cynical :)

Steve C.