RE: Newbie with questions...Safety with Secondary Arcs

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Uh . . . no.  This is a misnomer.  Bulk human resistivity is about 400
ohm-cm ranging between about 100 ohm-cm
to about 2500 ohm-cm depending on what biological medium it is passing
through.  At these resistances and at
these frequencies (200 to 1MHz), unless you were the size of a large
city, skin effect is pretty much non-existent.

By touching the output of your secondary coil, you are no doubt drawing
electrical current to pass through your
body tissue, blood vessels, and nerves.  However, the fact that it is
high frequency electrical current is what makes
it worst of all.  Your body doesn't seem to register any pain for that
type of high frequency electricity.  So you can
be permanently damaging your internal body and not even know it.

The Captain