Re: Geek Group Halloween Teslathon

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

This "thon" is planned as a far more social event than a hig voltage
festival.  Think of it as a convenient excuse to get together with a bunch
of people with similar exotic hobbies and interests and hang out for a
while.  There will be some "smaller" arcs and sparks, and we'll hopefully
pull out some of the Thumper caps to explode a few pop cans.  We can handle
small devices in the garage and house (the kitchen seems to be a favorite
congregational area for some reason), out of the weather.  If someone wants
to set up a bigger coil and the forecast calls for rain or snow, we can set
up a large tent off the front of the garage or between the garage and house
as cover.  At this point we aren't expecting any coils larger than a 5 foot
tall 6" coil (our Mercury coil).

Are you considering attending, Dan?  It would be quite an honor... and
quite a drive.

Cheers,

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group