Re: Slighty zapped from metal casing - DO NOT WEAR GROUND STRAPS

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

 > 1. Move the variac further from the coil (and yourself with it)
 > with any 60 Hz stuff)
 > 3. Do what I do and be fast at grabbing the grounded knob (doesnt burn
 > nearly as much this way.

Number 2 is probably the *most* dangerous thing you could every possibly do
when working around any voltage over 120VAC.
This is the fastest way to electrocute yourself.  Its equivalent into
jumping into a pool with a bowling bowl chained to your leg.

DO NOT WEAR GROUND STRAPS at any time when working on equipment energized
above 30V ! ! ! !  To do so would
be putting your life at risk!!!

Dan