Re: MMC Advice

Original poster: Robin Copini <rcopini-at-merlin-dot-net.au>

Hi All,

  most of you would have seen my MMC cap using the CD942 series,

  I 'currently' :-) run a 33kv pt overdriven from 240v to 270v in at in
excess of 100amp
  and have never suffered a failure, heating, arcing or any other mishap with
the cap. The longest ever continuous run was over 8 minutes at FULL power.
The
Thoriated tungsten gap suffers more in my opinion! The system is inductively
ballasted
and runs very smoothly so long as the gap timing is correct.

Best Regards

  Robin Copini

  coil pics at www.geocities-dot-com/rcopini