Re: eddy current with secondary coil

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Tom,

I'm glad you brought up the Javatc recommendation for wire size. I included
Malcolm's 6 and 3 skin depth wire size recommendation for close and space
wound coils. It is only a recommendation. I would do the same as you and
use the #28 if your looking for a particular geometry and number of turns
(something's got to give).

The recommendation is only a recommendation. Maybe it would be best to
think of it as a ballpark guide for wire size. It was never meant to be an
absolute rule by myself or by Malcolm. I personally like it as a value to
keep your eyes on during design. Should it be a drastic difference, then
maybe the user might want to check around to see if there would be serious
losses (TSSP would be a good place).

Take care,
Bart