Re: SRSG phase control question

Original poster: John <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Rob,
It matters on how much current your motor draws. In my case; I'm only using
a small motor which draws 350ma so I just built a variable inductor with
28AWG, works very well(don't recommend it, it's a pain in the A$$ to
build). Personally I say at least rated for 150% of current of the current
drawn(safety first!).
Cheers,
John
Others on the list correct me if I'm wrong.

Original poster: "Robert Hanford"

I would like to know if it is possible to build a phase control circuit
like John Freau's without the 7 amp 140v variac- I would like to substitute
my wimpy little 3 amp 130v variac. For my SRSG of course. I am a little
strapped for cash right now! Oh and it's a 1/3 hp. motor.
Replies greatly appreciated.
Rob Hanford