Re: BEGINNER PLANS FOR SCIENCE PROJECT PLEASE HELP

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Please check out my minicoil.  This coil is very basic, using on a 4kV/20mA
NST transformer and two pieces of copper tubing spaced 0.050" apart for a
spark gap.  The capacitors
are off-the-shelf inexpensive units and the toroid is a shipping donut
covered with aluminum tape.
http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/teslacoil4.htm

Dan

 > where can i get a TOBOR spark gap and for how much? is there any other
 > alternative(cheaper and easier to get). I am gonna build a small coil (
 > pretty much got it down on how to ,plus getting 2 sets of nice plans) and
 > test which liquid solution is the best for use in a bottle capactitor for
 > tesla coil. This is for a science fair(school 8th grade). Gimme some
 > suggestions if ya could. Thanks
 >
 > Ravi

Ground

<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/primarycircuits/pricir.html>htt