Re: tank circuit

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: tullera-at-optusnet-dot-com.au
 >
 >   i was talking about wiring from the cap to the primary?
 >
 >  > Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
 >  >
 >  > Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh
 >  > <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>
 >  >
 >  > YES, that is what most of us do for our primaries
 >  >     Robert   H
 >  > --
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >  > From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
 >  >  > Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 07:20:22 -0700
 >  >  > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
 >  >  > Subject: tank circuit
 >  >  > Resent-From: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
 >  >  > Resent-Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 07:34:49 -0700
 >  >  >
 >  >  > Original poster: "margaret louise" <tullera-at-optusnet-dot-com.au>
 >  >  >
 >  >  > Would it work ok just to use 1/4 inch coppet tubing for the tank
 >  > circuit
 >  >  > wiring. provided there is enough distance between wires to stop
 >  > them arcing
 >  >  > over?

	I can't remember if you're using an NST or not, but if so the maximum
current is very small.  In the "good old days" people used spring-like
coils of wire for HV connections from things like spark coils.  I have
always assumed that the corona breakdown corresponed more or less to to
that calculated for a cylinder of the same outer diameter (1/2" diameter
would really push that corona threshold up) and they sure look neat!
You'll see stuff like that in a lot of the "science" movie special
effects.  Bottom line is that you could consider using something like
that with wire stiff enough to support itself over the length of the run
you plan (should be as short as possible on general principles).

Ed