Re: GE caps - the long answer ;-))

Original poster: "Crow Leader" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

 > Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>
 >
 > Ken, Dan and all,
 >
 > On the other hand, the Ohmite parts may have been trashpicked from
Ohmite's
 > dumpster by an unscrupulous scrap hauler, or even by a surplus reseller
 > perusing the goodies at the local junkyard. Unless defective items are
 > physically destroyed in the manufacturing plant, they stand a good chance
 > of resurfacing on the surplus market...
 >
 > -- Bert --
 >
 > Tesla list wrote:
 > >Original poster: "Crow Leader" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>
 > >It's reassuring to know Ohmite will still sell flawed parts without
defacing
 > >or destroying them. Sort of makes me want to run out and buy Ohmite
 > >products.
 > >KEN

It all goes back to defective parts should be defaced or destroyed/returned
to the factory to prevent trashpicking and stuff ending up in the market
again. Cheap items that are "defective" like misprinted pens, pencils or
keychains all still work and cosmetically flawed. Defective high strenght
bolts, fuses and exploding capacitors (like the Chinese double reverse
engineered and still defective capacitor electrolyte that ended up in
Taiwanese capacitors last year) don't.

KEN