Re: An SSTC simulation

Original poster: Kchdlh-at-aol-dot-com

As I see the operation of my "crossover control" circuit, I need the mutual
coupling between the two secondaries to ensure that one transistor goes off
before the other can be switched on.  Therefore, I need a separate
transformer for each pair of transistors.  Connecting the emitters/sources
together, via small resistors or not, would not be an option since each
pair of transistors is to drive the t.c. primary thru its own
series-resonating capacitor.

Separate series-resonating capacitors are to be used, of course, for
failure-isolation: a short in one circuit shifts the resonant frequency &
thus reduces the current in the other circuits.

As to big IGBTs...they're too slow, I believe.  (Correct me if I'm
wrong.)  For sure, they're expensive; with paralleled smaller ones &
separate resonating capacitors, I think failures could be isolated to the
smaller/cheaper ones.

Regarding Jan Wagner's comment, I'm afraid I don't know much about
soft-switching into a resonant load.  Nor how I might implement that while
at the same time providing for frequency-control tied to the secondary's
Fr--and at the same time keeping it all somewhere near  simple.

Ken Herrick