Toroid to primary arcing

Original poster: "Steve K by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <teslainnovations-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello everyone,

I have been making coils for 4 years now, and often
sell Tesla coils on Ebay under the name,
"Energywizzard". There is another seller on there who
is bashing my coil, because some arcs from the toroid
touch the primary. I have safety gaps, and they only
fire a small amount of weak discharge when this
happens. It was to my understanding that this was a
perfectly acceptable function of a Tesla coil. Am I
wrong? I know that there is the possibility that the
high amperage of the primary can connect to the
output, but is this the only danger? That's what I was
thinking... Anyway, I have some excellent pictures
under the listing, "TESLA COIL- 45 inch arcs LIGHTNING
GENERATOR," if anyone was interested in seeing my
12/60 coil.

Steve Klec

msnip...