Parametric pumping for tesla coils?

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

Dear List,
If I may be so bold, I have been thinking that instead of using switching
devices to vary currents and voltages as we presently do, how about
changing say, the capacitance instead -charging at low voltage and
discharging at high
since charge ,Q,  on an isolated capacitor doesn't change with a change in
capacitance but stored energy and voltage do vary with changes in the
capacitance.

Reading from previous postings on the List I understand that it is possible
to get more voltage out of the secondary of a transformer if the frequency
of the AC is increased -and vice versa-
the trouble is, the primary voltage must be increased or decreased in the
same proportion so there is normally no net advantage in changing the
frequency.
However, if the capacitance of a capacitor, C, resonating in a tuned
circuit with an inductor ,L, at a frequency ,f1, is changed the oscillation
changes to a new frequency, f2, and with it the energy in the capacitor and
the voltage across it.

Now, when a charged capacitor is connected to an inductor energy is
ordinarily lost in the "damped" oscillation -but if the capacitance (or
inductance) can  be made to change quickly enough it is possible to
overcome the losses resulting in a comtinuously-oscillating system. With
this in mind would it not be entirely possible -at least in theory- to use
these "parametric" methods in the pumping of Tesla coils?

Could parametric TCs, Q-switching TCs etc, be just be round the corner?