Re: possible large MMC capacitor...

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Rodney, those caps are metallized polypropylene, meaning film
construction.  These are not good for pulse duty, which is corroborated by
the listing of "fair" on the electrocube web site.

If enough people are interested in a larger "Geek Cap," we can get some
ordered.  I believe our minimum order is 250 pieces, and can get any CDE
cap listed on their web site.  I believe the largest single 942C series cap
they have is 1600VDC, .68uF.  Specs look good, although the dV/dt is half
the current offereing of 2kV, .15uF.

Regards,

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group