RE: X-Ray Transformer HV Power Supply

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

PCB oil is non-flammable hence one of the reasons it was used.
Normal transformer oil is extremely flammable and one of the reason why
transformers explode so
spectacularly!

Remember the ole flame test to determine whether your transformer oil is PCB
or not?  If the oil burns,
then it at least contains some percentage of non-PCB transformer oil.

The Captain