Re: Power feed wire

Not surprising at all.. many combinations of plugs/receptacles have these
anomalies. I suspect it has something to do with the usual installations,
volumes of sales, etc.  Almost always, though, the cord mount plug is much
cheaper than the cord mount receptacle, and the "box mount" receptacle is
cheaper than the cord mount.

The 6-30 straight blade you've identified is inexpensive in the plug ($20)
and box receptacle ($11) flavors, and $70+ in the cord mount receptacle
flavor. It's a popular configuration for air conditioners and the like.

 > Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

 > 30A, 250V plugs and receptacles are widely available, and not too
 > expensive.  Here's a page from McMaster-dot-com (page 680):

http://www.mcmaster-dot-com/asp/loadpage.asp?sesnextrep=305500716624962&pagenum=
680&catnum=109